Sunday, October 09, 2011

JUKE BOX

Almost Paradise by Ann Wilson and Mike Reno

Almost Paradise, the love theme from Footloose sung by Mike Reno (the lead singer of rock band Loverboy) and Ann Wilson (a vocalist for the band Heart), has been one of my all-time favourite love songs. I have been listening to this popular number since Footloose, starring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer, hit the theatres in 1984. I was in college then and I used to watch the musical video on state-run channels on our black-and-white television set. If you and your girlfriend (or boyfriend) are on a patch-up then this beautiful song is just for you. It will inspire you to run right across the street and re-proclaim your undying love for the woman (or man) of your dreams. That's a little mushy, I know, but go ahead, listen to it...




I thought that dreams belonged to other men
'Cuz each time I got close
They'd fall apart again

I feared my heart would beat in secrecy
I faced the nights alone
Oh, how could I have known
That all my life I only needed you

Chorus

Whoa-oa
ALMOST PARADISE
We're knocking on heaven's door
ALMOST PARADISE
How could we ask for more?
I swear that I can see forever in your eyes
Paradise

It seems like perfect love's so hard to find
I'd almost given up
You must've read my mind
And all these dreams I saved for a rainy day
They're finally comin' true
I'll share them all with you
'Now we hold the future in our hands

Chorus

And in your arms salvation's not so far away
We're getting closer, closer every day

Chorus


1 comment:

  1. Pretty fine article. I just stumbled upon your web site and wanted to say that I have actually enjoyed reading your blog posts. I'll be subscribing to your feed anyway and I hope you'll post again soon. Big thanks for the good information.

    ReplyDelete